Zombie Evolution - get well Grace

Pronouncements from on high
Forum rules
Rule 0: Don't be a dick.

Zombie Evolution - get well Grace

Postby mazaru » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:21 am

Hey guys, Mary here.

First off, I want to thank everyone for coming along and for helping make Zombie an awesome game. You all rule, and I didn't get to say that at the end - so thanks enormously, and we hope you had fun while the game lasted. We will be in the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road tomorrow afternoon, from about 1.30pm in theory, for post-game dissection and general discussion - including to talk about the early end to the game.

Secondly, I want to talk about that. One player, Grace, badly hurt her leg during Gorgon run - from what we know, it seems something gave in her leg while she was in the middle of an awe-inspiring axe-attack. We stopped the game and Katie and Gillian gave first aid and helped keep her calm while we waited for an ambulance to arrive. She was in too much pain to be moved, and due to the length of time it took to get her safely on her way to hospital, we had to make the decision to end the game effectively at half time. That sucks for everyone concerned, but clearly it sucks most for Grace, who was immensely brave. I want to say enormous thank yous to Katie and Gillian, and to everyone who helped out and made sure Grace was as comfortable as she could be. Thanks to all of you for understanding. And most of all thanks to Grace, who despite being in enormous amounts of pain still managed to be very excited to know what the Gorgons were. We all hope you get better soon.

We still want to talk about how the game went, and we'll start another thread - or start one yourselves if you'd like - to talk about your runs and get some froth on. But I wondered if folks would like to leave get well messages for Grace here. We're going to write them all on an enormous card in red pen and crazed hand-writing and make sure she gets a proper Bioflex get-well message.

I also want to say sorry to everyone who didn't get to play on their run. We have all your names, I think, but I'll post the list on the boards as soon as I can and I'd ask you to check that your name is on there. You will still get to try to survive the game, if you want to - we will do our utmost best to get all of you in for free to whatever event we run next. And of course we'll also refund you for this game's ticket - if you haven't had a refund and you want one, shout and we'll get it sorted. I'm especially sorry to those of you who travelled such a long way to play; if there's anything we can do to offset the cost, please let us know. Unless it's give you extra ammo, of course.
They call me Hivemind.
mazaru
Lurching horror

Re: Zombie Evolution - get well Grace

Postby Nexus » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 am

Get well soon Grace! You'll soon be fighting off the zombie hordes again, I'm sure.
Nexus
Backup

Postby trs998 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 am

Hope your recovery is swift and painless, Grace! Your costume was awesome and I look forward to dodging being bitten by you next time!
trs998
Raw recruit

Postby Lostinnorfolk » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am

Get well soon Grace.
Remember if it heals really quickly but you start craving raw meat that's a perfectly normal reaction & nothing to do with the "special painkillers" the Bioflex first aiders gave you.
Lostinnorfolk
Zombie bait

Postby chrisfarnell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 am

Get well soon! I hope you're getting the level of medicare that strips of masking tape can't provide.
chrisfarnell
Zombie bait

Postby Zombie Ad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:56 am

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery Grace.

I've heard that one of those new White Knight sports recovery beverages from Bioflex might help you on your road to recovery. Worth a try.
Zombie Ad
Backup

Postby Tank » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Test Subject? More like BEST Subject! I hope you get well super quickly. Sorry I confused your actual scream of pain for an in-character one.

-Tarnia (Your ineffective medic)
Tank
Radio operator

Postby Leofric1313 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Get well Grace, I look forward to being mashed by you (again) in the future! Take care.
[I was one of the zombies you killed (the one wearing the pealed face mask) in the corridor you fell down!]
“Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery” - Spike Milligan
Leofric1313
Meat shield

Postby Antz1988 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:12 pm

hope you feel better soon. u clft me in twain with great axe weilding skill and i look forward to it again, get well soon x :)
Your basic zombie warrior isn't too smart, but you can blow off a limb...and it's still 86 percent combat effective. Here's a tip: Aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good
Antz1988
Raw recruit

Postby cheezwiz13 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 am

At the risk of sounding like a strange boy band, we wish you a speedy recovery.
Much love and get well soon,
Jason and the Flytrap boys
- Two zombies go into a bar. The first zombie says to the other zombie, "Graaaghaa haarann margahhaa naaarrrrrrgnn!"
- The other zombie says "Hrraaaaa Maggaa GRAMMA GRAMMA bargh nrrrrhr!"
- And then they eat the Barman.
cheezwiz13
Radio operator

Next

Return to News