ZOMBIE LARP: Nightmare - 27th November 2010

Pronouncements from on high
Forum rules
Rule 0: Don't be a dick.

ZOMBIE LARP: Nightmare - 27th November 2010

Postby Zombie GMs » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:40 am

There are corridors, endless corridors, and the sound of running feet and quickened breath.

You grip the gun until your knuckles whiten and your hands shake, and you search for the light. Search for a way out. You can feel something crawling in your head like fire ants, a mind that isn't your own, a sharp and ringing nausea that you fight to keep under control.

You can hear them coming, scraping along the walls, howling and crying and whispering - dead things, false things, broken things that stalk you. You run. You duck through a doorway to see them tearing apart a woman, stuffing her bloody flesh into their mouths with wet smacking noises that turn your stomach.

There's no room to back away, they're coming to get you - your heart beats faster than ever, thumping against your ribs - and you loose off your gun into the horde, six thunderclap flashes. Six down but so many more remaining, dead eyes staring, clawing over one another to reach you. They crash into you and knock you to the ground, spread your arms apart and rip into the soft flesh of your belly, your guts rolling hot over your legs, before you wake up.

God - how long has it been? How long have the nightmares kept you up at nights? Always about the same building, the wasteland outside, the sickly green light and the endless shambling corpses chasing you. The dream fades, just like all the others. You sit up and realise you're on the floor, that you must have crawled out of bed again while you were asleep. Your head hurts. Did you hit it off something? Is that what woke you?

Staggering to your feet, your vision adjusts and you flush into hot panic - this isn't your room. The floor is bare concrete and the pale green light bleeds through from a tiny slot above the metal door. There's a table in here, nothing else, and on the plywood surface is a rusty, chipped kitchen knife. Grasping it, you push open the door and wince at the bright flourescent lights.

There are corridors, endless corridors, and the sound of running feet and quickened breath.

27th November 2010 | 8:00pm

Congregation Hall, University of East Anglia campus

You went to sleep in your own bed - but you awaken to a terrible dream. Some unknown hand has picked you up and dropped you into the worst place in the world – the haunted depths of the abandoned Bioflex Research Complex.

If you’ve got what it takes to survive this nightmare – or you just want to die a heroic death – then sign up below! There are 63 slots for players, and they will fill up fast. Entry costs £5 on the door.

We want your nightmares!
As seasoned players will be aware, we're not big on character creation in Zombie. What we'd like you to do, though, is send us the nightmares that have been keeping you awake in the weeks before your character wakes up in the complex. PM them to the GMs or email them to us at gms AT zombielarp DOT co DOT uk. We can't say exactly what we'll be doing with them, and it sort of depends what we get, but it should be pretty special.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What should I bring?
Apart from the money for the ticket, you don’t really need to bring anything. However, you may wish to bring a costume, NERF guns, larp-safe weapons, and a torch. Check out our character classes page and armoury page to get some ideas

Will there be food?
We won’t be placing a food order this time, and we would prefer it if you didn’t get food delivered to the venue – it creates mess and chaos. Eat beforehand, and bring some snacks and drinks. But no nuts. One of the refs is so allergic to nuts that she drops dead if she sees them.

How long does the game go on for?
The game will probably last until about 3am.

Can I turn up late?
It’s not a good idea. We need to give you a briefing about safety, and this will happen sometime between 8pm and 9pm. If you miss all or part of the safety briefing, you will not be allowed to take part in the game, no matter how good your excuse.

Can I be part of the crew for the event, or just play as a zombie?
Yes! Crewing is free, and it gives you a chance to see what the game is like if you’re not entirely sure about it. We can’t take unlimited numbers of crew, though: there are ten slots for perma-zombies and five slots for ‘apprentice refs’. Being an apprentice ref gives you a great insight into the havoc that goes on behind the scenes, and you’ll be really helping us out with our various peculiar jobs.

Can I be on the same team as my friends?
Sure - although we encourage players to mingle with as many new people as possible. If you'd like to play with your mates, say so in your post and we'll see if we can get you all on the same team.

What are the game rules?

The rules are on our website at http://www.ZombieLarp.co.uk. It’s a good idea to read them before the game, because some rules (notably the character classes) will not be reiterated at the start of the game itself, for reasons of time. Many of our veteran players know all the rules anyway, so can probably help you out on the night itself.

I still need to know more...

That’s not a question, but ok. If you can’t find the answer on our website or forums, you can email the ZombieLarp ref team, or sign up to the forums and send us a message there.
Zombie GMs
Site Admin

WordPress Blog: Visit User's Blog

Re: ZOMBIE LARP: Nightmare - 27th November 2010

Postby harrytc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:48 am

First victim!
harrytc
Meat shield

Postby Arbitrary » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 am

I am signing up!
Arbitrary
Raw recruit

Postby Jimbo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:01 am

woo hoo me too please! Need to scratch that zombie itch! :D
Jimbo
Radio operator

Postby Captain Wesker » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:01 am

And I!
Captain Wesker
AAAAAAAAAAAGH

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 am

Sign me up please
Andrew
Raw recruit

Postby balleruk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:15 am

Lee Manning here, signing up, ive have also been asked to sign up Tim Maytom, Owen Badham, Jason Palmer and Mark Reynolds who were with me last time on team Sabotage (their all at work and cant get online at the moment.) Aswell as a new guy, Ben Coleman if possible would like to be on the same team as them. these other guys will confirm themselves once they get to a computer, but just wanted me to put their names out before all the places went. thanks.
balleruk
Raw recruit

Postby tillymint » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 am

Go go magic signup JonandLizy!
tillymint
Raw recruit

Postby Seph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:03 am

Siiiign me up! - Seph
Seph
Raw recruit

Postby StarFury » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:05 am

Me me me me me!!!!! (Super sugary sarah!!!)
StarFury
Raw recruit

Next

Return to News