Do you like zombies? Do you like Christmas? Well, you’re just the sort of person we’re looking for. Seeing as You’d Better Watch Out is but three weeks away, we’re holding a competition to get everything rolling. Here’s what you have to do to enter:
– Rewrite a popular Christmas Carol (or song, you know, whatever) to be about zombies, rather than Christmas. Or about how great Bioflex is as a company and how impeccable their safety record is when it comes to unfortunate viral outbreaks.
– Then – and this is the tricky part – record yourself singing it, and put it on Youtube. If you don’t have an account, feel free to just send us the video, and we’ll upload it for you. If you’re horrendously ugly and don’t want to film yourself, you can film some other stuff and sing it over the top. We’re easy like that. Once you’re done, email us the link and let us appreciate your brilliance.
But what prizes lie in store? First prize gets a copy of the wonderful Saints Row the Third on PS3, which does briefly feature zombies so it’s at least partially relevant. Two runners up will get a season one box set of the fantastic anime Highschool of the Dead, which is packed full of more zombies and conflicted Japanese teenagers than you can shake a fireaxe at.
Closing date for entries is December 3rd, so get cracking!
– We only have Saints Row the Third on PS3, unfortunately, because that’s what format the spare copy is in. It’s unwrapped. I’ve played it. The online code is still valid, and it’s entirely the same as a new copy, save for some plastic wrap around the outside. If you need to recreate the feel of an entirely new game, feel free to wrap it in clingfilm before you play it or something
– If you win, and don’t want Saint’s Row the Third, you’ll be entitled to one of the runner up prizes of a box set of High School of the Dead. If you don’t want that then, um, maybe you shouldn’t enter the competition
– You don’t need to be a player of ZombieLARP to enter. We’ll send you your prize in the post, if you win, so we’ll get in touch for your postal details if you’re one of the lucky three